Companion Groups will offer connection through gathering around a shared interest, hobby or activity. God created us to be refreshed by recreation and play. Play can facilitate deep relationships between strangers. Because we need to play, and because recreation is an inviting way to find companionship, Companion Groups will form around shared interests and hobbies such as cycling, crafting, reading or sports.
Companion Groups are captured by the image of the leaf of the vine. The leaf of the vine allows for photosynthesis, which produces the nutrients needed for the vine to grow and produce fruit. In the same way, Companion Groups offer the refreshment and relationships necessary for continued spiritual growth.
Companion Groups will be a great place to invite friends and neighbors where relationships can be developed in a fun environment. Companion groups will meet as often as the group wants to play! Companion Groups are very easy to start! If you are interested in starting a group around your favorite activity or hobby, call Pastor Kathy at 707.528-8463 x218
Current Companion Groups:
A Co-Ed non-competitive softball team. We will be playing in the Santa Rosa Bible Church league during softball season that begins in May. Look for more information in the bulletin in the Spring.
•Back Yard Gardeners
Back Yard gardeners interested in sharing info and learning more about growing vegetables, fruits, native plant landscaping and more! Contact Tim or Rebecca Tiemens 707.887.0763 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If are looking for a place and time to dedicate to making something crafty or work on a project (all Pinterest ideas welcome), come join us for fun and fellowship.
Redwood Fitness Fellowship
Bootcamp details: Will begin again in November, look for details.
• Timing: Tuesday and Thursday from 6 to 7pm
• Location: On the field at Redwood Covenant Church
• Cost: $5 per session (100% of the money goes to families in need via Redwood’s benevolence fund.)
• What to bring: Water and a mat… bring a friend too.
• All levels of fitness are welcome!
Walk/Runs: Will begin again in November, look for details.
• Timing: Wednesday starting at 6pm
• Location: Redwood parking lot
• Cost: Free
• How it works: We will walk/run from Redwood towards Sebastopol on the bike path for 20 minutes and then turn around and head back to Redwood. (40 minutes total) My thought is that everyone can run or walk at their own pace, but we will start and end together. We will do a few warm up exercises and a few cool-downs…budget about one hour of time.
You can find updates and pictures of Bootcamp, our runs, rides and adventures at https://www.facebook.com/RedwoodFitness/
Redwood Disc Flyers –enjoy the outdoors and a fun round of disc golf with a group from Redwood.
• Date: 3rd Saturday of the month
• Time: 10am
• Location: Taylor Mountain Regional Park 2080 Kawana Terrace, Santa Rosa
• Parking: $7 per vehicle. Free for Regional Parks members.
• Skill Level: ALL skill levels welcomed, even if you have never played
• Age: Middle school and up
• Contact: Dave Stolte, (707) 888-6594, Sambendad@gmail.com
• Facebook page:
We would love to help you connect to a Community, Core, Care or Companion Group at Redwood. Please contact Pastor Kathy at email@example.com